Community Support Services
Community support services provides all necessary support, which enable individuals to live in their own homes. MRSI can provide assistance for individuals living on their own so that maximum independence is achieved. MRSI staff encourages and assists clients to make decisions and choices, which affect their lives. MRSI offers qualified and well-trained staff who is matched to the individual. All staff is certified in CPF and First Aid and is trained in delegated nursing procedures. A registered nurse is on-call 24 hours a day. Community Support Coordinators are available 24 hours a day. MRSI have staff who are proficient in sign language and who are trained in the use of various adaptive equipment.
- Full care as prescribed on each individual's Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Trained and thoroughly screened Direct Support Professionals
- Nursing Care – On call 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Area Coordinators – On Call 24 Hours / 7 days a week
- “Open Door” visitation for families
- Delegated nursing care
- Formal and informal skills training on a daily basis
- Transportation including accommodating physically handicapped individuals
- Assistance with banking and paying bills.
Opportunity and Growth
- A home atmosphere for learning opportunities shaping each individual's capabilities.
- Aided in grasping skills in daily living.
- Providing support in individual preferences and personal interests.
- Community outings and activities tailored to meet the individuals interests
Here are a few activities MRSI clients have enjoyed in the past:
Cedar Point, Kings Island Put-In-Bay
All county fairs and festivals All area historical / Air Force museums
Grand Lake Mariners baseball games Local shopping and mall shopping
Celina-Coldwater bike path and hiking Movies and drive-in theaters
Concerts and musical plays Dinning at area restaurants
Bowling High School sporting events
Toledo, Ft. Wayne, Cincinnati Zoos Area Major League Baseball games